Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Want to open worksheet in preformatted style

I a CPA and almost all my worksheets need to be formatted in a number style
with 2 decimal places and comma separator. How do I format my worksheet so
that ever one I open up is already formateed to numbers, 2 decimal places and
comma separator?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name
your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as
BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button
FileNew or CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get
the Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

NOTE # 2....................you may find it handy to use "Fixed Decimals"
so's any number you enter will divide by 100

Enter 12345 and get 123.45 actual.

Just be careful................this is a global setting and would affect all
sheets and books.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP