Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default I want all my excel sheet to open in a certain format. How?

I want to use a certain font, font size and colour for all the excel sheet
that I use. I want to save the basic excel sheet in the format that I want so
that when ever I open up a new excel sheet, I will have the same format.

I know this can be done but I just don't remember it.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name
your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as
BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button
FileNew or CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get
the Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:02:04 -0700, Jacob Thomas <Jacob
wrote:

I want to use a certain font, font size and colour for all the excel sheet
that I use. I want to save the basic excel sheet in the format that I want so
that when ever I open up a new excel sheet, I will have the same format.

I know this can be done but I just don't remember it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Certainly

What is the question?