Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default how can i extend the printable area up to the very last row

how can i extend the printable area up to the very last row (i can't go
beyond 265 pages) in Page Break Preview?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I believe there is a limit to the number of manual page breaks you can have.
(at least in 2003)
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"kaveh" wrote:

how can i extend the printable area up to the very last row (i can't go
beyond 265 pages) in Page Break Preview?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Barb

OP did not have the proper print range set. Once done, was able to get all
the pages needed.

I am able to get pagebreaks for A1:A65536 range in Excel 2003.

I can find no limit other than 65536 rows.

Gord

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:55:00 -0700, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:

I believe there is a limit to the number of manual page breaks you can have.
(at least in 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

This blew up for me on the 1028th pagebreak:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iCtr As Long

With ActiveSheet
On Error Resume Next
For iCtr = 2 To .Rows.Count
.HPageBreaks.Add befo=.Cells(iCtr, "A")
If Err.Number = 0 Then
'ok
Else
Err.Clear
MsgBox "Error with: " & iCtr & vbLf & iCtr - 1 & " worked ok"
Exit For
End If
Next iCtr
On Error GoTo 0
End With
End Sub

ps. I used xl2003.

wrote:

I believe there is a limit to the number of manual page breaks you can have.
(at least in 2003)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Blew up on me also.

My earlier test was manual by entering data in column A to row 65536.

Set margins to give me two rows per page.

Pagebreak preview shows 32768 pages.

This returns 32768 pages.

Sub test_pages()
totalpages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)")
MsgBox totalpages
End Sub

I'm not about to print out to test<g

Gord

wrote:

I believe there is a limit to the number of manual page breaks you can have.
(at least in 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Although.......help on specs states 1000 horizontal and vertical pagebreak
limit

So..........what preview shows ain't necessarily what you will get.

Off to bed now<g

Gord