Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Disappearing Toolbars

For some reason my toolbars have disappeared from my excel 2003. Not just
from the spreadsheets that I open but also from the dropdown menus that I
would normally select toolbars from - view - toolbars. The only ones that
appear there now are Task Pane and Customise. Please can anyone tell me how
to get them back?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

right-click the area where the toolbars used to be and check the one you want.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200797

"SRGKWM" wrote:

For some reason my toolbars have disappeared from my excel 2003. Not just
from the spreadsheets that I open but also from the dropdown menus that I
would normally select toolbars from - view - toolbars. The only ones that
appear there now are Task Pane and Customise. Please can anyone tell me how
to get them back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

How about the menu bar? If the menu bar is visible, then:
View Toolbars and take your pick

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200797

"SRGKWM" wrote:

For some reason my toolbars have disappeared from my excel 2003. Not just
from the spreadsheets that I open but also from the dropdown menus that I
would normally select toolbars from - view - toolbars. The only ones that
appear there now are Task Pane and Customise. Please can anyone tell me how
to get them back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you click on Customize, you can select the toolbars you want to see on the
Toolbars tab of that dialog.

If you want to start from scratch (lose all your customizations), you could:

Close excel
use windows search to find *.xlb
delete it/them

Restart excel and start changing the toolbars back to the way you like.

Once you're done, you may want to close excel
search again for *.xlb
and back it up to a nice safe location.

If you ever want to get that version of the toolbar back, you can just copy it
into the folder that the holds *.xlb (with excel closed).

SRGKWM wrote:

For some reason my toolbars have disappeared from my excel 2003. Not just
from the spreadsheets that I open but also from the dropdown menus that I
would normally select toolbars from - view - toolbars. The only ones that
appear there now are Task Pane and Customise. Please can anyone tell me how
to get them back?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Dave - thanks for your response - I have been on vacation, hence the delay in
replying. This is exactly the problem - when I click on customise there are
no other toolbars to display. However, when I click add and try to add
'formatting' it notes that there is already a formatting toolbar and that I
cannot have one of the same name. But I cannot find that toolbar anywhere.
This is not a customised toolbar that I have designed - it is the original
Microsoft formatting toolbar. Any ideas?