Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Hidden Formula Bar

When I open EXCEL, the formula bar is missing. I can reenable it be going to
Tools-Options-Formula Bar
but next time I log onto the computer the bar is gone again.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

View Formula Bar
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

"James" wrote:

When I open EXCEL, the formula bar is missing. I can reenable it be going to
Tools-Options-Formula Bar
but next time I log onto the computer the bar is gone again.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You are correct in that I would be able to activate the formula bar this way.
However, I still would have to do this every time I use the program. I am
looking for a way to ensure that EXCEL remembers that I would like the
formula bar active every time I use the program.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

View Formula Bar
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you open a file by double-clicking an icon, Excel will pickup the options
stored with the file:

1. open Excel (no file)
2. enable the formula bar
3. open a miscreant file with File Open
4. the formula bar will remain
5. save the miscreant file
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

"James" wrote:

You are correct in that I would be able to activate the formula bar this way.
However, I still would have to do this every time I use the program. I am
looking for a way to ensure that EXCEL remembers that I would like the
formula bar active every time I use the program.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

View Formula Bar
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

ViewFormulas is an application setting, not a workbook setting.

Setting is stored in the Registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

Right-side window select "Options".

Value should be decimal (87) for viewformulas enabled.

(85) for disabled.

Perhaps OP does not have permissions to save to the Registry?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP