Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Forcing Same Output Regardless of Printer

I am teaching summer school, and we have to turn in attendance in a certain
format, so I have created an Excel WB to help me. On my computer/printer
combination, everything is fine. I even locked some of the pages/cells to
that other teachers I share this with can't screw it up.

However, for some teachers who are using my WB to do their attendance, when
they print, the last column is chopped off and ends up being printed on a
separate page, which creates a bunch of extra work for the secrataries
processing the forms. They of couse can't change the column widths since
edits are locked. Also, when they send it to me to fix (since I can obviously
unlock the pages and edit) I don't know how far to shrink the column, since
it looks fine on my computer/printer without shrinking.

Right now, the margins are set at 0.25" all around, with 0.50" for header
and footer. I'm guessing that some printers can't print that close to the
edge of the paper, but how can I possibly anticipate that before hand with a
WB which I am distributing to other users?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Have you tried FilePage SetupPage

Fit to: 1 page wide by "more than you need" pages tall

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:11:03 -0700, Jay Windley
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Another option:

You could do an exhaustive review of every printer (and potential printer!) that
could be used.

Or you could just bite the bullet and make your margins as bad(!) as you can
guess will be used.

You may find that Gord's suggestion works fine. But if you added manual
horizontal pagebreaks, you may find changing your margins works better.

--

Dave Peterson