Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Inability to alpha sort in any order

My excel spreadsheet has been functioning perfectly (for over two months). I
add daily entries and, at the end of each day, have been selecting the a-z
alpha sort button to shuffle the new daily entries in. Today, I find that I
am suddenly losing the ability to choose that as an option. The a-z sort
button is there, but is is no longer highlighted. In fact. about 90% of my
option buttons are no longer highlighted. What could I or a co-worker have
possibly done to cause this to happen? Any suggestions for a fix? I simply
want to reactive my option buttons.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

The other user could have protected the worksheet?

Try Tools|Protection
If you see Unprotect sheet, then you can select that. You may need a password,
too.

Or the other user may have grouped sheets.
Do you see [Group] in the title bar or can you see that multiple sheet tabs are
selected?

If yes, then rightclick on one of the selected tabs and choose Ungroup Sheets.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Your second suggestion that I check to see if the sheets were grouped did the
trick. Everything is lit up again, and I was successfully able to do my end
of day alpha sort. Thank you!