Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Jon Jon is offline

Default How do I change my column designator from Numeric to Alpha?

I have been using Excell for several years, but have never experienced my
recent quandry. My column which are normally designated by alpha characters
,"A, B, C..." are now being designated as numeric, "1, 2, 3..." Can someone
help to change them back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In xl2003 menus, it's:
Tools|Options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 Reference style

Excel picks up this setting from the first workbook you open in that session.

--

Dave Peterson