Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2007 auto-recovery / auto-save?

I have an large spreadsheet where the data is populated via a connection to
databases via MS Query. In addition to this data there are various lookup
tables used to enhance the data downloaded from the query. This issue that i
am having is if i need to make an adjustment to one of the lookup tables
excel appears to go into an auto-recovery process and this takes anywhere
from 20-45 minutes depending on the server load at that time. I have
"excluded" the workbook from auto-recovery, turn the calculate option to
"manual", disabled background error checking attempting to shut off whatever
process is taking control of the workbook. I believe it is the auto-recovery
option as i forced the workbook closed via task manager and when i reopended
the workbook it gave me a recovered version. How can i stop this from
occuring and be in control when i want to save, calc, etc. I am using Visa
Business Pro (SP1) and have installed SP1 of office.