Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Error message: Too many different formats of cells

I use Excel 2003. I have the following problem. In a "heavy" workbook I
can't change the formats of the cells. The following message appears:" Too
many different formats of cells".
What should I do?
Best regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I've already read hat information of Microsoft. The problem is that the
wookbook doesn´t allow me to simplify the format of the cells of the
workbook. When I try it the same message appears, the Excel turns instable
and I have to use the task manager to shut down the Excel.

João Carmona wrote:

I use Excel 2003. I have the following problem. In a "heavy" workbook I
can't change the formats of the cells. The following message appears:" Too
many different formats of cells".
What should I do?
Best regards

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then
they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up
version.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD