Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default "Named" Formula selected by user, for use in another formula

Hello,

I have created the following named formulaes:-

=OFFSET(CLR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(CLR!$A:$A))
=OFFSET(CDJ!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(CDJ!$A:$A))
=OFFSET(HCG!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(HCG!$A:$A))

Called CLR CDJ and HCG respectively. They are just dynamic named ranges.

These are created for the following formula:-

=INDEX(SEL,MATCH(Q3,SEL,-1),1)

In the above case it references the named formula SEL

What I want to do is allow a user entry, say Cell B1 - and allow the user to
type in the named formula that they want to use for the calculation.

For example if B1 = CDJ

Would mean the formula becomes

=INDEX(CDJ,MATCH(Q3,SEL,-1),1)

I can not get this to work!! Any ideas? (I was looking at INDIRECT function?)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Sorry this should read:-

" Would mean the formula becomes