-   -   Virus scan (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/175933-virus-scan.html)

Lane

Virus scan

When I open a file in Excel 2007 there is an extended wait while the program
scans the file for viruses. Is there a way I can turn off the virus scan (at
least for files on my hard drive) so that I will not have to wait?

Gary''s Student

Virus scan

You turn it off in the virus detect software, not Excel.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200768

"Lane" wrote:

When I open a file in Excel 2007 there is an extended wait while the program
scans the file for viruses. Is there a way I can turn off the virus scan (at
least for files on my hard drive) so that I will not have to wait?

Lane

Virus scan

Thank you Gary. It worked.