Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Can I use Merge Fields in Excel Headings?

I would like to use an actual cell item in a heading. Is this possible? So
far all I get is the actual formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

On Jan 29, 8:40 pm, Jeanette
wrote:
I would like to use an actual cell item in a heading. Is this possible? So
far all I get is the actual formula.

Try this link, which explains how to do it using VBA code:-

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/headfoot.htm

HTH
Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Jeanette

Take your pick from these macros or combine parts of each into one.

Sub CellInFooter()
With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1")
End With
End Sub

Sub Cell_In_AllFooters()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
ws.PageSetup.CenterFooter = ws.Range("A1")
Next
End Sub

Sub CellInFooter22()
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = "&""Algerian,Regular""&16" & Range("A1")
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP