Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How to write VBA code to make backup copy in another folder when s

I have created a shared bank book namely HSBC in J drive and when I save this
file, I would like to make a backup copy in C drive namely 'Backup HSBC', but
I don't know exactly how to write VBA code.

Should I use the macro function or the Visual Basic Editor under Tools??
Please teach me how to write the macro or VBA code!!

I've tried the following but won't work:

Sub HSBC (ByValSaveASUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "C:\Backup HSBC.xls" & ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

What have I done wrong?? please advice!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
CLR CLR is offline

Try using the Tools Macros RecordNewMacro feature and go through all the
steps manually to save the file where you want. This will create a macro for
you. Post back if you run in to problems.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3