Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
CLR CLR is offline

Default How to write VBA code to make backup copy in another folder when s

Try using the Tools Macros RecordNewMacro feature and go through all the
steps manually to save the file where you want. This will create a macro for
you. Post back if you run in to problems.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MCC Wong" wrote:

I have created a shared bank book namely HSBC in J drive and when I save this
file, I would like to make a backup copy in C drive namely 'Backup HSBC', but
I don't know exactly how to write VBA code.

Should I use the macro function or the Visual Basic Editor under Tools??
Please teach me how to write the macro or VBA code!!

I've tried the following but won't work:

Sub HSBC (ByValSaveASUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "C:\Backup HSBC.xls" & ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

What have I done wrong?? please advice!!