Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel Help

Hi,
When I open Excel 2003, the task pane is across the top of the work area.
How do I move it to the side?
I am unable to pick it up like a taskbar and drag it to where I want it.

Regards
Stan.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Move the cursor around near the top of the taskbar title bar until you get a
4-headed cross.

Click on that and drag to the side.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:15:00 -0800, Stan W.
wrote:

Hi,
When I open Excel 2003, the task pane is across the top of the work area.
How do I move it to the side?
I am unable to pick it up like a taskbar and drag it to where I want it.

Regards
Stan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Sometimes it is hard to do but persevere.

You may have to drag it quite far down to the right to get it to move.

I find if I point and click just above and to the right of the close icon(the
"x") and drag from there it pops back into place down the side.

Gord

wrote:

Hi,
When I open Excel 2003, the task pane is across the top of the work area.
How do I move it to the side?
I am unable to pick it up like a taskbar and drag it to where I want it.

Regards
Stan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Good to hear.