Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I set a drop-down to auto-pop. by typing first letter?

Set up a drop-down, but want to be able to type a letter to send it to the
first letter in the drop-down list. For example, if you had a list of
states, and you hit the "W" key, it takes it to "Washington"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Are the dropdowns created using Data Validation?

DV dropdowns have no autocomplete feature.

You must use a combobox in conjunction with the DV list

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions on programming

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:10:01 -0800, Jeniam
wrote:

Set up a drop-down, but want to be able to type a letter to send it to the
first letter in the drop-down list. For example, if you had a list of
states, and you hit the "W" key, it takes it to "Washington"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi

You can't have autocomplete with DV, but there is a method of typing a
letter and jumping to that letter in a list.
I have an example file with code that can be downloaded from Debra
Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.on.ca/DataValHeadings.zip

--
Regards