Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Publish to Excel Services option?

The "publish to Excel Services" option is not available in my version of
Excel, and I'm not sure why. According to MS,
"The ability to publish an Excel workbook to Excel Services is available
only in Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, Microsoft Office Professional Plus
2007, Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, and Microsoft Office Excel 2007."

When I check the 'About' section of Excel, I find that I'm using "Microsoft
Office Excel 2007, Part of Microsoft Office Professional 2007". It is not a
trial version. This indicates to me that I should be able to use the
feature. But it doesn't show up as one of my 'publish' options as described
in the MS Office Online documentation.

I have built a SharePoint site with the Enterprise version of MOSS 2007. I
have all the SharePoint files on a front-end server, and a SQL Server 2005 db
as a back-end. Excel Services is enabled. On my PC, (not one of the
servers), I am able to open up Excel and do a Data Connection to the Analysis
Server cubes on the SQL back end. I can display these in web parts on the
SharePoint site. I can upload Excel files from my PC to the SharePoint
Reports Library. However, in order to take advantage of the interactive
features of SharePoint, I need to Publish to Excel Services from the Excel
workbook.

One question, which may be a stupid one, is do I have to be working with
these Excel files ON the same physical server where SharePoint Excel Services
is running? If the answer is no, then my Very Simple Question is, what do I
need to do, to buy, to download, to upgrade to, so that my version of Excel
will be have the 'Publish to Excel Services' option enabled? Do we have to
get the Enterprise or Ultimate version of Office 2007?

Thanks,
Keith