Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel -My paste menu is not the norm. The menu is different.

When copying a formula, Excel copies the results of the formula and not the
formula. Also when pasting the Special Paste option brings up options that
are not the same. They are Excel 8, Bitmap instead of Format, Column width,
values and number formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Copying from where to where.?

Sounds like you have two instances of Excel open and are copying from one
workbook to another in separate instances which would create what you describe.

Close down one instance and open both workbooks in the same instance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:01:02 -0700, wduval1715
wrote:

When copying a formula, Excel copies the results of the formula and not the
formula. Also when pasting the Special Paste option brings up options that
are not the same. They are Excel 8, Bitmap instead of Format, Column width,
values and number formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I bet you're copying from one workbook to another workbook. But the workbooks
are open in different instances of excel.

Close one instance
Then in the first instance, use File|open to open the second workbook.
Then do the copy|paste special

--

Dave Peterson