Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Print individual schedule; 1=attend class 0=don't attend

Worksheet contains headings in first row:
Last Name, First Name, Class 1, Class 2, Class 3

Second row contains class locations underneath the class names (for
reference).

I enter a 1 or 0 in the cells for each attendee; 1 if attending class, 0 (or
blank) if not attending.

Next, I would like to build an individual schedule with the class names for
each attendee based on the 1's entered. Hopefully, this can be printed later
via mail-merge with Word.

Thanks in advance for ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

First reverse the first and second rows. This will put the column headers
directly on top of the data.

Next select a column header and pull-down:

Data Filter Autofilter

This will produce pull-downs on all the column headers. Next select from
the header pull-downs a person's first and last name. The filter will now
show only the classes for that person.

The material can now be copied elsewhere.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

"bbarkman" wrote:

Worksheet contains headings in first row:
Last Name, First Name, Class 1, Class 2, Class 3

Second row contains class locations underneath the class names (for
reference).

I enter a 1 or 0 in the cells for each attendee; 1 if attending class, 0 (or
blank) if not attending.

Next, I would like to build an individual schedule with the class names for
each attendee based on the 1's entered. Hopefully, this can be printed later
via mail-merge with Word.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

That helps a little if viewing on screen. Now, how would I print this? One
possible format would be like this:

Fred Flintstone
Class 1
Class 2
Class 3

This could possibly be printed on the back of a name tag or on regular paper.