Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Shaded or Colored cells not showing up

I'm using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2. When I fill a cell with color,
it does not show up in the excel spreadsheet. However if I print or use
print preview, the color shows up as it should.

Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA

macmiester
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Unfortunately when searching for similar posts to this question, my keywords
were not very accurate. I have found the answer to my question in a related
post. My appologies for posting without completely searching previous
threads.

"macmiester" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2. When I fill a cell with color,
it does not show up in the excel spreadsheet. However if I print or use
print preview, the color shows up as it should.

Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA

macmiester

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi macmiester,

Glad to hear that you have fixed the issue by your own.

Such an issue should be related to the "Use High Contrast" option. we can uncheck this option to fix it.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options.
2. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. click OK.

Related KB article:

320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is always my pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Emily Lin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

From: ?B?bWFjbWllc3Rlcg==?=