Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default align row numbers with row data

I am using a basic spreadsheet with colunm headers and numbering rows
starting at 1. How can I get Row 1 to align with Number 1? Is there a way
to have row numbers start with ZERO or even a negative number?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You can't change the row headers numbering system built into Excel.

Row 1 is row 1.

You can insert numbers down Column A in any order you want starting at A2 if A1
is taken up by a column title.

In A2 enter =ROW()-1 to give you a 1

Copy that formula down column A.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP