Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Charting multiple entries

New to Excel 2002 and its terminologies, I need to know, before tackling
excercises in the 'Dummies' workbook, if it's possible to record the
following information in a spreadsheet. I need to document utility usage for
the past 20 years for up to 10 utilities, recording cost on a per monthly
basis and be able to merge all 10 utilities usage into a single graph. From
reading the table of contents in Mr. Harvey's book, I'm not seeing a tutorial
covering the specific instance where more than one utility (for example) can
be charted for the row, column headers of date and cost respectively. Any
help would be appreciated.
--
Binder
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Binder,

Setup your chart for the first utility, then right click on the blank area
at the top of the chart and select Source Data, then on the series
tab you will see the option to Add series. Set the reference for
your X and Y data for each new series (utility).

Excel will assign different colors and markers for each series,
these can be changed after you are done by right clicking on a data
point in the chart and selecting Format data series.

HTH
Martin

"swoperet" wrote in message
New to Excel 2002 and its terminologies, I need to know, before tackling
excercises in the 'Dummies' workbook, if it's possible to record the
following information in a spreadsheet. I need to document utility usage
for
the past 20 years for up to 10 utilities, recording cost on a per monthly
basis and be able to merge all 10 utilities usage into a single graph.
From
reading the table of contents in Mr. Harvey's book, I'm not seeing a
tutorial
covering the specific instance where more than one utility (for example)
can
be charted for the row, column headers of date and cost respectively. Any
help would be appreciated.
--
Binder

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I should also add that you can find out just about anything
you will ever need to know about charting at Jon Peltiers site.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html

As an added bonus Jon is a regular and prolific contributor
to these newsgroups but he spends the majority of his time
in the charting group, so you are better off posting chart
questions there.

HTH
Martin

"swoperet" wrote in message
New to Excel 2002 and its terminologies, I need to know, before tackling
excercises in the 'Dummies' workbook, if it's possible to record the
following information in a spreadsheet. I need to document utility usage
for
the past 20 years for up to 10 utilities, recording cost on a per monthly
basis and be able to merge all 10 utilities usage into a single graph.
From
reading the table of contents in Mr. Harvey's book, I'm not seeing a
tutorial
covering the specific instance where more than one utility (for example)
can
be charted for the row, column headers of date and cost respectively.
Any
help would be appreciated.
--
Binder

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Martin,

Thanks for the tip on my Excel impasse. Also, the lead on Mr. Peltier's
contributions to the chart site. If I have further complications, I won't
hesitate to query Jon or others at this community site. Thanks for the help!
--
Binder