Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Help with adding a worksheet

I am a teacher and I am using an Excel template for my gradebook. However,
there are only three subjects in the template and I need four. Each
worksheet is linked to a summary page and a student report page. I want to
add a fourth sheet, but want it to be linked to the summary and student
report pages. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Is it a home-made Template or one of the downloads from the MS Template Gallery?

If a download, which one......provide URL please.

If home-made, just InsertWorksheet then copy and paste speciallinks to the new
sheet.

Re-save as a Template.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:18:03 -0700, beckster
wrote:

I am a teacher and I am using an Excel template for my gradebook. However,
there are only three subjects in the template and I need four. Each
worksheet is linked to a summary page and a student report page. I want to
add a fourth sheet, but want it to be linked to the summary and student
report pages. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Make a copy of Subject3 sheet by right-click and "Move or Copy" and checkmark
"Create a copy".

Rename to Subject4

Switch to Class Summary sheet and copy D3:D29 over to E3:E29

Change E3 to Subject4

Change E4 to =Subject4!B4

Copy that down to E29

Use the Format Painter to format the cells to same as others.

Gord

wrote:

I am a teacher and I am using an Excel template for my gradebook. However,
there are only three subjects in the template and I need four. Each
worksheet is linked to a summary page and a student report page. I want to
add a fourth sheet, but want it to be linked to the summary and student
report pages. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:56:02 -0700, beckster
wrote:

Nevermind! I got it!

Thanks!