Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I edit my profile to get Excel to recognize chosen file

In one user account only, I have several on the machine, Excel can not find
the Worksheet file when I click on the file name from wthin the explorer or
start menu "My Recient Documents". Clicking on the file in a folder brings
up Excel, but then Excel can not find the file to load the file into memory.
I can, from within Excel, browse and select a file to be sucessfully brought
into Excel.

I have tried using the repair finction of the installation from the Control
panel, but this does no good. Keep in mind that the problem exists only on
one account. Things work normally fom other accounts.

For this reason, I believe the problen to be in the account profile, but do
not know how to fix the problem.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2 with XP-SP2 OS.
--
Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Click on Tools, Options, select the General tab, and make sure that Ignore
other applications are unticked, and try again.

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"JerryInSanDiego" wrote:

In one user account only, I have several on the machine, Excel can not find
the Worksheet file when I click on the file name from wthin the explorer or
start menu "My Recient Documents". Clicking on the file in a folder brings
up Excel, but then Excel can not find the file to load the file into memory.
I can, from within Excel, browse and select a file to be sucessfully brought
into Excel.

I have tried using the repair finction of the installation from the Control
panel, but this does no good. Keep in mind that the problem exists only on
one account. Things work normally fom other accounts.

For this reason, I believe the problen to be in the account profile, but do
not know how to fix the problem.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2 with XP-SP2 OS.
--
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP