Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default excel 2003 starts and takes control of video appearance

When I start excel 03 the screen goes black momentarily then changes the
screen color. My wallpaper and other program windows show in strange color
combinations. When I close excel the screen goes black again and the screen
reverts to its original settings
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

What are your display settings (how many colours?)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

my settings:

highest (32) bit
true color
1024 x 768
75hz refresh

What are your display settings (how many colours?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

So this doesnt happen with any other apps? I havent seen this for a while,
used to happen when my old PC "ran out" of colours. Have you tried going
down to 16 bit (just as an experiment).

"Brian B" wrote:

my settings:

highest (32) bit
true color
1024 x 768
75hz refresh

What are your display settings (how many colours?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

yes, I had the same thought as you. I tried 16 bit and there was no change.

This is the only program including Word & Outlook that has this effect.

I tried de-installing office 2003 and re-installing including cleaning the
registry in between.

This happened after I had to reinstall XP. I did not wipe the disk. Excel
worked fine before this.

"Ben McBen" wrote:

So this doesnt happen with any other apps? I havent seen this for a while,
used to happen when my old PC "ran out" of colours. Have you tried going
down to 16 bit (just as an experiment).

"Brian B" wrote:

my settings:

highest (32) bit