Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default New Workbook Task Pane

I would like to click on the "New" workbook icon at the top of a spreadsheet
and have it automatically open up a new workbook. Instead, a side pane opens
up that says "New workbook" or from "Existing workbook". I don't want that
pane to come up, I just want it to start a new workbook. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

That's the way it works for me.

I'd try this.
Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog box)
rightclick on the New workbook icon on the standard toolbar.
click reset

Dismiss the dialog and try it out.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Angie

You can hit the "New" icon button to open a new workbook without the task pane.

Or on FileNew there are two "New" items.

One has an ellipse New... which opens the task pane.

The other has no ellipse. This one will open a new workbook without the task
pane popping up.

Can be found at ToolsCustomizeCommandsFile. Drag it to the File menu.

Note: using this will open a new workbook based on your BOOK.xlt customized
workbook Template if you have one stored in your XLSTART folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP