Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ron Ron is offline

Default Adding Quotation Marks to Data already in Mulitple Cells

How can I add quotation marks around content within multiple cells in an
excel spreadsheet without doing it manually in Office 2002? For example, If
there is data in Cells A1 through A100 and I want quotations marks around
the data in each cell is there a way to add the quotation marks in each cell
without losing the data? The data is both numeric and text.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Select the cells you want to modify and run:

Sub dont_quote_me()
q = Chr(34)
For Each r In Selection
r.Value = q & r.Value & q
Next

Gary''s Student
gsnu200707

"Ron" wrote:

How can I add quotation marks around content within multiple cells in an
excel spreadsheet without doing it manually in Office 2002? For example, If
there is data in Cells A1 through A100 and I want quotations marks around
the data in each cell is there a way to add the quotation marks in each cell
without losing the data? The data is both numeric and text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ron Ron is offline

Gary,
I take that this is a vbs script? If so then how do I get it to run in
the excel spreadsheet that I'm trying to add the quotation marks to?

"Ron" wrote:

How can I add quotation marks around content within multiple cells in an
excel spreadsheet without doing it manually in Office 2002? For example, If
there is data in Cells A1 through A100 and I want quotations marks around
the data in each cell is there a way to add the quotation marks in each cell
without losing the data? The data is both numeric and text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Very easy:

1. touch ALT-F11 to bring up the VBE window
2. touch ALT-I
ALT-M to insert a fresh module
3. paste the stuff into the module
4. close the VBE window (save is not necessary)

to run the script

1. select the set of cells you want to process
2. touch ALT-F8
3. select the macro
4. touch run

--