-   -   Editing the same file from two computers at the same time (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/131407-editing-same-file-two-computers-same-time.html)

Ryan

Editing the same file from two computers at the same time

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can have a file on a server and be
able to open it in two different locations. I have a file that I need two
people to work on but at two different locations and would like it if it
would automatically update so that both people would see the revisions. I
don't know if this is even possible

Bob Phillips

Editing the same file from two computers at the same time

You can, you set it by ToolsShare Workbook....

But shared workbooks are not a good idea, Excel was not designed to be
multi-access, and some of the functions are restricted. I personally
wouldn't touch them.

--
---
HTH