Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Copy/ Paste Problem

When I attempt to copy and paste a table from the internet into excel it
automatically pastes the whol table into 1 cell. It is unreadable and in 1
long line. I must have switched a setting as I used to be able to paste a
table from the internet and Excel would arrange the table into columns and
rows. Does anyone know what setting I might have changed?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe...

Close excel and reopen it.
Then copy your table and paste it into excel.

If that worked ok, then you can do the same thing by closing excel and reopening

or...

Put some text in an unused cell
data|text to columns
delimited
by tab

Then clean up that cell.

Then try copy|pasting from the internets once more.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe using
Data|Import external data|New Web Query
would work better?

And an untested thought...

If you paste into MSWord, you may get table that you can copy|paste into excel.

Might be worth a try???