Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Change the default template in Excel 2003

I need to change the defualt "blank" template to my cutom template I need
the new one to be applied automatically when I open a new Excel workbook.

I made with background on the sheet, and a custom footer in page set up. I
did a "file save as a template", which assigned it a file extension of .XLT
It is located at C:\Documents and Settings\Susang\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\EFC_Confidential.xlt I went into tools, Options,
General tab, and put this path in the "At Start UP, Open these files".

Not working. My custom template is not appied to the new work book.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks Susan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Susan

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

WARNINg................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP