Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default print only the part of the sheet that has data

I am merging several worksheets on only want to print upto the point data is
entered. Its a log, and I only need the lines to print up to the last log
entry. Its need to be set up so that the users of the sheet only hit the
print button. Its all they can do.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

What happens if you hit <End<Home? Let' say your last entry is in G213.
Does the cursor go to say K421? If this is the case, delete all rows from
214:421, and then delete all columns from H:K. Save your file and hit
<End<Home again. It should now go to G213. If so, it should only print up
to row 213 as well.

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

"ranger1701" wrote:

I am merging several worksheets on only want to print upto the point data is
entered. Its a log, and I only need the lines to print up to the last log
entry. Its need to be set up so that the users of the sheet only hit the
print button. Its all they can do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I bet you have pretty borders around all the cells -- and you don't want those
future rows to print.

Saved from a previous post:

Can you use data|Filter|autofilter to show just the rows that don't appear
empty?

===
If those formulas appear at the end of the data and you don't want to use
autofilter...

If I can pick out a column indicates if that row is used or not, then I like
this technique:

(I used column A in my sample, but you can use any column you want.)

Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!LastRow
Use this formula
Refers to: =LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000<""),ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000) )

(Make that 1000 big enough to extend past the last possible row.)

Then once mo
Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!Print_Area
Use this formula
Refers to: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,lastRow,3)

That last 3 represents the last column to print (A:C in my example).

And change the worksheet (sheet1) if necessary (in all the places).

ranger1701 wrote:

I am merging several worksheets on only want to print upto the point data is
entered. Its a log, and I only need the lines to print up to the last log
entry. Its need to be set up so that the users of the sheet only hit the
print button. Its all they can do.

--

Dave Peterson