Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
HGP HGP is offline

Default files open in notepad

When I click on a excel file icon, the file opens in wordpad. How do I open
up a file in excel? I just installed Office for Students and Teachers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Right click on an Excel File while holding down shift. Go to Open With....
and select Excel in the list, or browse to Excel.exe in the program
files\Microsoft\Office folder and then check 'always use this program to
open files of this type

If this fails you can go to StartRun... and type

Excel.exe /regserver

Should do the same.

If all else fails re-run setup

--