-   -   Auto Populate Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/124767-auto-populate-cells.html)

John

Auto Populate Cells

Hello,
I have 450 items that I need to enter into a spreadsheet. The are named A100
- A550. Is there a way to have this automatically populated into the cells
rather than having to enter each one manually?
Thanks for any advice

Mike

Auto Populate Cells

John,

Not quite automatic but not bad.

Put A100 and A200 in the top 2 cells of the range and drag over them to
select them both. Hover the mouse over the black dot in the bottom right and
press and hold the left mouse button and drag down to auto fill the amount
you want.

Mike

"John" wrote:

Hello,
I have 450 items that I need to enter into a spreadsheet. The are named A100
- A550. Is there a way to have this automatically populated into the cells
rather than having to enter each one manually?
Thanks for any advice

John

Auto Populate Cells

Mike,
Thanks! Exactly what I needed.
John

"John" wrote:

Hello,
I have 450 items that I need to enter into a spreadsheet. The are named A100
- A550. Is there a way to have this automatically populated into the cells
rather than having to enter each one manually?
Thanks for any advice

Gatsby

Auto Populate Cells

Mike, I would have thought that you would put A101 into the second cell. not
A200?
Gatsby