Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
cyn cyn is offline

Default Save forces New File

I have a user who when she attempts to save any excel file it forces her to
do a save as on all network drives. If we open a brand new file, save it to
a network drive, close it and then reopen, make a couple changes. When save
is clicked it asks if we want to "overwrite" or "save as" - due to the file
being in use by someone else (though we know that it is not in use by anyone
but her!) I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the Office Suite,
cleared out all her excel startup folders - and it just keeps doing it. Any
thoughts and help will be appreciated! Thanks.