Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default excell - merging cells

How can I merge cells to create one page and have all the text wrap? I have
merged all the cells on one page and created one merge. As I type text some
of the text merges, and other text does not - all on the same page. Why?
How do I make all the text on each line wrap?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

flores

Merging a great block of cells creates one big cell with the limitations of one
cell.

One of those limitations is the amount of viewable text.

You can enter 32767 characters in a cell but only 1024 will be visible or can be
printed.

If you stick an ALT + ENTER carriage return every 100 characters you can
increase this 1024 limit.

Otherwise, use a text box or a Word processing program like MS Word.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP