Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Application.Visible = False

Hi all,
I hope that I can get help with this one.
I have a workbook with 'Application.Visible = False' in the 'Workbook
open' event, as well as 'Userform1.show'. The relevant Desktop shortcut

is set up for the application to run 'Minimized' and to start in
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11".
In this manner, when the shortcut is Dbl clicked, the userform appears
with no visible evidence of Excel having been started. The
application.visible attribute is reset in the 'workbook close' event
with :"Application visible = true.
All of this works extremely well, however wilst previously opened
workbooks remain open and visible when I start this workbook, while the

workbook is opened I an unable to start any other excel workbook via
their shortcuts. I can however start a new instance of Excel then
browse to the workbook to open it.
MY QUESTION: How do I allow users to start any of their Excel
workbooks via their shortcuts while my application is running and the
userform showing?
Any help will be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests