Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Date Format

In Excel 2003, when I try formatting a number as a date using the CTRL-SHFT-#
shortcut, it displays as dd-mmm-yy, e.g., 10-Oct-06. I thought it might be
controled by the short date format in Regional settiongs in Control Panel,
but that shows as mm/dd/yyyy. Does anyone have any idea what is controling
the format used by CTRL-SHFT-# and where I can go to change it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'm not sure you can change it.

But you can intercept that keystroke and do what you want.

You could add a couple of routines to your personal.xls (or any workbook that
opens when excel starts):

Option Explicit
Sub myDateFormat()
Selection.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"