Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2000 and 2003 stuck in cell

Hi,

When I open Excel and then either click on a worksheet tab or on a tab,
it sticks the mouse button down. It isn't the F8 function - very
simular to the overall effect when clicking on a cell reference and
then another cell, it will select the area between the two. If I click
on "Sheet 2" worksheet tab, it will change the cursor to the icon for
trying to change the sheet order.

The only way out is to do the good old CTRL + ALT + DEL and End Task.

I have seen loads of references since 2001 until 2005 to this issue but
not one thread actually tells the answer to the problem. It seems to
be something that happens in Excel 97, 2000 and now 2003. Did anyone
ever find out what it is?

Please HELP!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I think I'd try a different mouse.

Or gently bang on the mouse buttons (include the wheel mouse) to see if it
releases.

--

Dave Peterson