Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
kjs kjs is offline

Default column redirect

I have a spreadsheet that has a coulmn of ip addresses. I want to know if
there is a way to config this column so that when I click on a particular ip
address in a cell, I will be able to telnet to that Ip address...is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

How about a formula like:

=HYPERLINK("telnet:\\"&A1)
(with A1 containing the ip address. Then drag down the column.)

(It opened up a telnet window in my test.)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

What is the address of the top cell containing the ip address?

Say it's A1.

Then insert a new column B.

Then put this in B1.
=HYPERLINK("telnet:\\"&A1)

Test it to see if it works by clicking on the resulting hyperlink.

If it does, then use the techniques described by Debra Dalgleish:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html
to fill the cells underneath that first cell with the formula.