Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default how can i get MANUAL CALCULATIONS p e r m a n e n t l y

how can i set up my excel 2003 so that all my calculations are done manually?
when i set it up, it reverts back to automatic when i reboot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

ToolsOptionsCalculation can be Auto or Manual.

Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first
workbook opened in that session.

i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc
mode would be in Manual.

If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1, Book2
would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this case).

If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc mode.

Confusing enough? <g

It may be safest to place some Workbook_Open code in your Personal.xls which
sets the calc mode.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Or in a particular workbook you want in manual mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP