Junior Member

Question Password protection

How do I password protect a document on a server so that you have to enter the password to change the document, but the document can be viewed without a password?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Password protection

File|SaveAs|Tools (upper right corner)|General Options
Give it a password to modify (not open).

Users can supply the password (if they know it) or open it in readonly mode
(without the password).

--
Tanya508

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Do you know if I can have an opening, warning or document restrictions page
open first with an ACCEPT button, like the EULA's on software installs,
before the workbook becomes available for viewing?
Thx.