Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
kss kss is offline

Default Rookie Alert-

Need simple formula for finding 30% of a number
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Max Max is offline

"kss" wrote:
Need simple formula for finding 30% of a number

Assume your numbers are going down in A2, A3, A4, etc
Enter the desired percent in cell B1, ie key-into B1: 30% (including the
"%")
Then put in B2: = A2*B$1
Press ENTER
Then drag the fill handle* of B2 down as far as required,
to compute accordingly for the other values in A3, A4, etc
*that's the solid square at the bottom right corner of B2
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Max Max is offline

.. in B2 as "=B1*.3"

Yes, of course, but that would simply be hardcoding it. Usually, it's better
to illustrate by having the formula pointing to a cell (eg B1 in the earlier
example) so that we can easily adjust/change the percentage in that one cell
to another value (if we need to), without having to edit and re-fill the
formulas down col B.