Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Counting and colour coding ranges of occurances

a have a list of employee ID numbers and need to count how many times they
occur withing certain ranges. For example: if one occurs between 5-10 times
I want all occurances highlighted in yellow, if it occurs between 10-15 times
I want all occurances highlighted in blue, and if it occurs more than 15
times I want all occurances highlighted in red. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can use conditional formatting using these formulas for the three
conditions.

=AND(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A1)5,COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A 1)<11)
=AND(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A1)10,COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30, A1)<16)
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A1)15

Regards,
Alan.

"ConfusedinCalgary" wrote in
message ...
a have a list of employee ID numbers and need to count how many times they
occur withing certain ranges. For example: if one occurs between 5-10
times
I want all occurances highlighted in yellow, if it occurs between 10-15
times
I want all occurances highlighted in blue, and if it occurs more than 15
times I want all occurances highlighted in red. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I still can't get it to work. I know it is obviously operator error but
still need some help. My data is in column C which grows longer every day.
Every conditional format I try recognizes the first condition but not the
second and third. For example a number may appear 12 times but it still
codes with the color from 5-10. What am I doing wrong?

"Alan" wrote:

You can use conditional formatting using these formulas for the three
conditions.

=AND(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A1)5,COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A 1)<11)
=AND(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A1)10,COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30, A1)<16)
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30,A1)15

Regards,
Alan.

"ConfusedinCalgary" wrote in
message ...
a have a list of employee ID numbers and need to count how many times they
occur withing certain ranges. For example: if one occurs between 5-10
times
I want all occurances highlighted in yellow, if it occurs between 10-15
times
I want all occurances highlighted in blue, and if it occurs more than 15
times I want all occurances highlighted in red. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try using Conditional Formatting in C1 using 'Formula Is' with these three
formulas in the three conditions, then highlight the whole of column C and
go to Conditional Formatting again, OK
=AND(COUNTIF(C:C,C1)5,COUNTIF(C:C,C1)<11)
=AND(COUNTIF(C:C,C1)10,COUNTIF(C:C,C1)<16)
=COUNTIF(C:C,C1)15

"Alan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The first formula should be:
=AND(COUNTIF(C:C,C1)4,COUNTIF(C:C,C1)<11)
4, not 5

REgards,
Alan.