-   -   How Print (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/99536-how-print.html)

John

How Print

In a Macro How do you print a string in a macro?

For instance: Print "Hi there" So "Hi there" goes to the printer.

I tried all kinds of things but it keeps saying someting about an
object. I'm trying to print a string variable.

Thanks

John

Dave Peterson

How Print

I think that most people print a worksheet (or a range on a worksheet).

So you could populate a cell with that string and then print that cell.

Range("a1").value = "hi there"
range("a1").printout

But this kind of thing would work, too:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
Open "LPT1:" For Output As #1
Print #1, "Hi There"
Close #1
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson

John

How Print

I have a string produced by adding strings using "&" as in "a & b & c"
When I use the Range("a1").value =, it only prints the the a of the
a&b&c. Then it ejects the page and prints only the a of the next string
etc.

In other words... it isn't working very well.

John