Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Viewing multiple spreadsheets

I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at a
time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new
spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in its
own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and the other
on the right monitor.

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mike Knoblock wrote:
I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at a
time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new
spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in its
own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and the other
on the right monitor.

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Start Excel twice. With two instance of Excel open call up your sheets
one in each window.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Resize your Excel application window to cover both monitors. The
open your workbooks and go to the Window menu and choose Arrange.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Mike Knoblock" wrote in message
Yipes. Sure enough. thanks.

"gls858" wrote in message
Mike Knoblock wrote:
I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two
spreadsheets at a time, but each in its own window. Excel
defaults to opening each new spreadsheet as another workbook
in the current window. If each were in its own window, I
could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and the other
on the right monitor.

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Start Excel twice. With two instance of Excel open call up
your sheets
one in each window.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mike Knoblock wrote:
Yipes. Sure enough. thanks.

"gls858" wrote in message
Mike Knoblock wrote:
I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at
a time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new
spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in
its own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and
the other on the right monitor.

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Start Excel twice. With two instance of Excel open call up your sheets
one in each window.

gls858

No problem. Sometimes the really easy solutions are the hardest ones
to see :-)

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

after installing MO Pro 2003, I had the same frustrations. I also run
mutliple monitors and find it easier when excel opens a workbook in its
own window.

the solutions provided both work (thank you), but is there a more
efficient solution to having four seperate windows for each workbook
without having to open Excel four seperate times before opening the
specific workbooks. (i prefer not to strech the excel workspace across
all four monitors as sometimes I will have other applicatios open behind
excel that switch to while still wanting to work with one or two excel
workbooks).

My preference would be to simply click on the file names of the excel
files I wanted to open in seperate windows without having to open excel
four times and then selecting the right file for each window.

thanks

--
slickS
slickS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37727