Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default copying multiple cells

When I try to copy multiple cells that are not in sequence I highlight the
first cell then I use the Ctrl key to highlight the second and after I have
highlighted several cells it wants to jump off the first cell and only
highlight the last cell. Can someone tell me why?

--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I get the 'light-finger' syndrome at times myself <g

For the copying process there's not much cure except extra care. For doing
the same type of thing when you're formatting a separated bunch of cells, I
find it safest (even at the cost of a little convenience) to select a bunch,
do the format, select another bunch, repeat... Nothing like having selected
about a zillion cells and just when you get ready to select the very last
one, having your finger get tired, become slippery or suddenly lose weight!
[Murphey rules - and he was an optimist]

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like a light or greasy finger on the CTRL key<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:14:27 -0600, "Big Jim" wrote:

When I try to copy multiple cells that are not in sequence I highlight the
first cell then I use the Ctrl key to highlight the second and after I have
highlighted several cells it wants to jump off the first cell and only
highlight the last cell. Can someone tell me why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I prefer to use SHIFT + F8 to go into ADD mode.

Then select non-contiguous cells without need for CTRL key.

While on this subject, Chip Pearson has written code which I have on my
right-click menu.

Allows you to de-select a cell or area.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm

Gord