Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Ron is offline

Default normal.dot

Hi is there an equivalent to normal.dot in excel. Everytime I open a blank
excel spreadsheet I get a macro warning but I cannot find any macros.

Office/Excel 2003 and windows XP pro with SP2
Thanks Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Risky but you could try Tools/Macro/Security and setting it to Low...

--
Special-K
Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7470

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ron

There is no Normal.dot for Excel.

Sounds like your default new workbook is based on a Template that once held
macros but has had them deleted and the empty module(s) left behind.

To deal with this, see Debra Dalgleish's site for info.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

Find out from where the New blank workbook is opening from and either delete
that Template of modify.

I would be tempted to just delete and let Excel's default workbook take over.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP