Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default i need help

im trying to set up a list of ratios. if i have a list of numbers in
b1:b20, and i know that b1 corosponds to the nuber in c1, is there a
way to solve for the numbers that should be in c2:c20. i cant just drag
it down, becuase it just copies the same number. i want to basically set
up a list of ratios. i appreciate any help you can offer me.
thanks

--
RAPPEL
RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do in column C. Perhaps if you
would tell us what is in B1 and C1 now and also tell us what is in B2 and B3
and what you expect/want to see in C2 and C3 then we can help figure out how
to get you to B20 and C20 painlessly.

"RAPPEL" wrote:

im trying to set up a list of ratios. if i have a list of numbers in
b1:b20, and i know that b1 corosponds to the nuber in c1, is there a
way to solve for the numbers that should be in c2:c20. i cant just drag
it down, becuase it just copies the same number. i want to basically set
up a list of ratios. i appreciate any help you can offer me.
thanks

--
RAPPEL
RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36240
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560193

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If c1 contains a plain number (no formula) - then no you can't drag/copy
c1 down to c20

If you want c2:c20 to have the same ratio with b2:b20 as c1 does with b1

b1 c1
5 3
10 you want 6 here
20 you want 12 here

In which case you need to put a formula into c2

like c2 = (c$1/b$1) * b2

Now you can drag c2 down to c20

Bonus, you can alter c1 and it will recalculate with different ratios

Steve

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:09:39 +0100, RAPPEL
wrote:

im trying to set up a list of ratios. if i have a list of numbers in
b1:b20, and i know that b1 corosponds to the nuber in c1, is there a
way to solve for the numbers that should be in c2:c20. i cant just drag
it down, becuase it just copies the same number. i want to basically set
up a list of ratios. i appreciate any help you can offer me.
thanks

--
Steve (3)