Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
HerbalDave

Default 1 becomes 10, how can I stop this

Iv'e been working with basic formulas and worksheets for a short time. Today
I opened a saved sheet and found that when I use a number and enter to the
next cell, the number gains a zero ie 1 becomes 10. If anyone can help out
with this I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

DB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
starguy

check for the format of cells.
right click on the cell in which 1 turns to 10 select Format cell and
see for its format and change it to yor required format according to
your data.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Franz Verga

Nel post
*HerbalDave* ha scritto:

Iv'e been working with basic formulas and worksheets for a short
time. Today I opened a saved sheet and found that when I use a number
and enter to the next cell, the number gains a zero ie 1 becomes 10.
If anyone can help out with this I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

DB

Try with this (I'm not sure...):
Menu Tools, Options, tab Edit, deflag Fixed decimals

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

HerbalDave wrote:
Iv'e been working with basic formulas and worksheets for a short time. Today
I opened a saved sheet and found that when I use a number and enter to the
next cell, the number gains a zero ie 1 becomes 10. If anyone can help out
with this I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

DB

Hi HerbalDave

If custom formats aren't the probelm, check to see if a macro is
changing the cell.

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
HerbalDave

Thanks to all that answered. By opening: Tools, Options, Tab Edit and
De-flaging fixed decimals, the problem was solved.
Many Thanks
DB